Friday 24 January 2014

Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge (The B-Word: Branding)

So, here it is.  After participating in the Winter 2014 Mini-Bloggiesta, this is my first task that is getting completed on my to-do list - participating in mini-challenges.

Amanda @ "On a Book Bender" is hosting a mini-challenge here, asking us to answer a set of questions.  And so here you go...

1. How well does your blog name reflect what your blog is about?

Books Are Magic - this is my blog name and I think it says it all (at least that's what I would like to think about).  I think and know that books are magical and I would share the magic with everyone else..

2. Create a tagline.

Let me get the magic of books to the greater audience..

3. Look at the name you use to leave comments. Change it to reflect your brand. For example, “Amanda @ On a Book Bender” is more recognizable than just “Amanda.”

I mostly use

Vidya @ Books Are Magic

as my signature in the comments.  But, very rarely, I just leave a direct comment without any signature..rarely.  Those are the times, when I just don't have another minute, but I still feel like saying something in that post.

4. Do you have the same profile picture on all social networks (including your blog)? If no, consider updating your profile pictures so they match.

Yep.  I use my blog at all places.  Below is my logo © Books Are Magic.

 

5. Is the picture of you or an avatar? If no to both, consider getting one.

Again, it's my logo.

6. What do people expect from YOUR blog? (If you don’t know, write what you WANT to be known for.)

I don't know what people expect from my blog.  But, I want to be known for reviews, one that works for your recommendations.  Yes, I want to do some discussion posts and also want to be known for the interesting memes.  I want to share more about my country and my life..  But, having my full time job occupy all my time, I have very less time for reading and reviewing.  Other type of posts --- *sighs* there will come a time, when I can do that..  Still, I am trying to do other posts, when I get more time which is rare.

7. Look at your Twitter timeline. What’s the ratio between interacting with people and self-promoting tweets? (Eyeball it.)

** hangs my head in shame ** see, I have a different timezone from most others, being in India.  So, interaction in Twitter is like so rare.  I come next day and reply to my tweets.  And the other person replies to me the next day after that.  And so it goes.  So, it's difficult to keep up the conversation with my timezone issues.

8. Write a social media update about your latest post (or your latest FAVORITE post) that teases and gives people a reason to click through.

Made a tweet: https://twitter.com/BooksRMagic/status/426650796625645568



Even if you are not participating in this challenge, I still would love to know what you think about..  Share it with me through comments or leave me a link to your post.  I would come visit the posts.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog name. I agree: books are magical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog name and logo are great! Both are very memorable and link back to each other. And yes books are magic, we are the lucky ones to realise that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your name and logo too, they go together so well. I know what you mean about interacting on Twitter. Being from the UK I'm always 5 hours ahead of the US so it's always too late at night to participate in Twitter chats. Like you, I just try to comment when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding logo and blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...