Monday 10 September 2012

Review: The Goddess Legacy

Original Title: The Goddess Legacy
Series: Goddess Test #2.5
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: July 31st 2012
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance


For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimée Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness….

Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal….

Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another….

James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others#151;but never knew true loss before….

Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope….

REVIEW

*** Thanks to HarlequinTEEN for providing an ARC of this novel. ***

When I first heard that this is an intermediate novel, I was like "Do we really need this?  Why can't they just get on with the story?"  Okay, I admit that I was so wrong.  I absolutely loved this and if you are asking whether this novel is necessary for the story, my answer is no, but this helped me understand about other characters in "Goddess Test" series.  And I am really glad that I read it.

5 AMAZING short stories combined as one and at last, lead to the "Goddess Test" series.  The author is an amazing writer.  As these are short stories, I don't want to spoil the fun by discussing the plot, but I will say few things just to tempt you.. :)

1.  Hera is not totally evil.  Yep, it seems to me like she is some sort of psycho, but this novel shows her as some-love-sick-puppy.
2.  Ava, who always seemed so happy and care-free in other novels, had her bad times, because of her commitment issues (just like her dad).  You must read this to know how Ava found a guy, who seem to love her, no matter who she spends her time with.
3.  Persephone, who was portrayed to have betrayed Henry in the series, is not at fault.  (Actually, I hated Persephone in the first two series because of leaving Henry and all that, but I think I was wrong.)
4.  James, who we all know as some care-free guy, has his very bad times and that MAY involve Persephone and Ava. ;-)
5.  At last, you have Henry's story of how he first sees Kate.  We also learn about some of the girls, who died before Kate took the Goddess Test.  Throughout this novel, this is what I what to know..so when are you going to read?

As I said, this novel changed my view of the characters in this series.  And I really really love that the author has delivered it so beautifully, that I don't feel like she is ruining the myth.  Thanks Aimee, I am glad I read this.

I read this book a long time ago - like one month back.  And the feeling, that I got while reading this novel, still stays fresh in my mind.  That's the main reason, I gave this novel -- 5 stars!

Interesting take on Greek mythology - AGAIN!


SERIES

1.  The Goddess Test - Read review here
1.5.  The Goddess Hunt - Publication: March 1st 2012
2.  Goddess Interrupted - See review here
2.5  The Goddess Legacy
3  The Goddess Inheritance




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...