Monday 17 September 2012

Interview with Marie-Nicole Ryan: Author of Taming Talia

Original Title: Taming Talia
Series: Loving the Lawman #2
Author: Marie-Nicole Ryan
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Release Date: August 14th 2012
Genre: Historical Romance


"She'll take her pleasure hot...until it burns its way to the cold truth. "

"Loving the Lawman, Book 2"

Over her not-so-dearly-departed husband's grave, newly widowed Natalia Montrose vows to shake off the memories of her abusive marriage by bedding the first suitable man she meets. Enter handsome, flirtatious Jared Fields, who offers to help her manage her assets.

Natalia has no intention of giving up control of the ranch her father traded away-along with her hand-for gold. But she intends to enjoy this stranger's advances until all her desires are sated.

Jared is a rarity among Pinkerton agents. Well educated, the disowned black sheep of a wealthy New York City family, he enjoys the freedom afforded by his various assignments. But discovering whether the fiery Widow Montrose had her husband killed is a challenge with an unexpected twist. All he can think about is what he'll do when he gets her in bed.

Natalia and Jared circle each other warily, feeling the pull of sensual heat. But when the Blizzard of 1889 hits, the sexual sparks may not be enough to keep them warm...or alive.

Warning: Contains a sex-starved widow and a saddled-hardened Pinkerton agent who set the sheets afire.


INTERVIEW WITH MARIE-NICOLE RYAN

1.  Is there an inspiration behind why you chose writing? 
I like sitting on my butt in front of a computer.


2.  When you were little, what did you want to be when you "grew up"? 
Anything. Just not a nurse or a teacher. As fate would have it, I became a nurse before I became a writer.

3.  Finish the sentence- one book I wish I had written is...
a million dollar bestseller.

4.  What are your current literary works?  
Literary?  Not so sure what I write would be called literary. Mainly, what I write would hopefully be classified as entertainment. Currently I’m working on the third book in my Loving the Lawman series. SEDUCING THE SHERIFF and TAMING TALIA are already available. MASTERING THE MARSHAL (#3) is in the early stages.

Any sneak peaks?
I have excerpts from each book posted on my web site. http://marienicoleryan.com/mybooks.htm/.

5.  If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future? 
I think I’d like to check out the future for a change. I’ve already lived in the past.

6.  Which topics would you like to explore in your future books (assuming there are more to come)?
Whether I’m writing historical or contemporary romantic suspense, my stories are about family and relationships.

7.  Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
To escape the humdrum of your daily life and immerse yourself into an exciting romance with a lawman or a federal agent.

8.  Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published. 
Royalty Checks that come regularly are my most rewarding experience. A close second is meeting fans who have actually read and enjoyed my books and are NOT related to me. After that, winning the 2008 EPPIE for erotic romantic suspense/mystery was pretty cool, too.

9.  What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors? 
You DO need an editor.

10.  If you could jump in to a book, and live in that world, which would it be?
I’d like to be Stephanie Plum for a while just to sample Joe Morelli and Ranger.

11.  If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be? 
Too Dull to be True

12.  What is your favorite scene in the book and why do you love it? 
Are we talking about my dull life book? Favorite scene in that would be when I adopted Cassie the wonder Sheltie from the Middle TN Sheltie Rescue.


13.  What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit? 
My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

14.  What books do you most recommend to friends?
Mine, of course. And those of my close writer pals.


15.  One food you would never eat? 
Fish/seafood.

QUICK ANSWERS

Favorite place? 
Canandiagua, NY

Best Christmas present?
The Kindle Fire received from my baby sis.

Favorite book?
All of mine

Favorite author?
Me—oh, you mean besides me?  B.J. Daniels, Annie Solomon, Janet Evanovich

Favorite smell?
Lavender

Favorite series?
TV: NCIS   Books: Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum 

Nickname?
I have several—in no particular order: Fancy, Pissy, Marvee

Favorite writing spot?
My office

Favorite movie?
The Big Easy

Favorite dish?
Beef Stew

Favorite color?
Green

Favorite quote?
“Sometimes all we have is our dreams.” Michael, La Femme Nikita

Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Butter Pecan

Your best trait?
Determination

Your worst trait?
Having to have the last word.

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...