Friday 2 March 2012

Review: Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson #1)

Original Title: Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs
Series: Jane Jameson #1
Author: Molly Harper
Publisher: Pocket Star
Published Date: March 31st 2009
Genre: Humor, Paranormal Romance



BOOK DESCRIPTION

Maybe it was the Shenanigans gift certificate that put her over the edge. When children's librarian and self-professed nice girl Jane Jameson is fired by her beastly boss and handed twenty-five dollars in potato skins instead of a severance check, she goes on a bender that's sure to become Half Moon Hollow legend. On her way home, she's mistaken for a deer, shot, and left for dead. And thanks to the mysterious stranger she met while chugging neon-colored cocktails, she wakes up with a decidedly unladylike thirst for blood.

Jane is now the latest recipient of a gift basket from the Newly Undead Welcoming Committee, and her life-after-lifestyle is taking some getting used to. Her recently deceased favorite aunt is now her ghostly roommate. She has to fake breathing and endure daytime hours to avoid coming out of the coffin to her family. She's forced to forgo her favorite down-home Southern cooking for bags of O negative. Her relationship with her sexy, mercurial vampire sire keeps running hot and cold. And if all that wasn't enough, it looks like someone in Half Moon Hollow is trying to frame her for a series of vampire murders. What's a nice undead girl to do?

MY REVIEW

As hilarious as a Molly Harper book could be.  I am not new to the writing of this amazing author.  But really, still I can't get used to it and keep myself from laughing out loud in public. 

Jane Jameson loses her job that she was working for past six years.  Just when she thinks that her life cannot be more messed up, a drunk driver thinks of her as a deer in the road-side and shoots her.  But, she was changed into a vampire by Gabriel, the man she met at the local bar only minutes ago.  What with being undead, seeing her dead grandmother as a ghost and her new relationship with her sire, Jane's world was totally changed upside down.

In the midst of all this, someone is framing Jane for a murder and the undead Council doesn't trust that she is innocent of the murder.  Although a paranormal thriller, the humorous part of the book wins.  With simple and easy characters with sarcastic wit and humor and faster plot, the novel deserves this fame.  The lighter version of the otherwise serious paranormal world is necessary once in a while.

Hilarious paranormal romantic thriller! :) Will definitely come back for more.

SOME FAVORITE QUOTES

“If you want to hurt me fine. Take my books. Burn down my house. Shave my head while I'm sleeping. But nobody nobody screws with my dog.”


“The scent of growth, quiet and green, hung heavy in the air. I heard everything. I saw everything. I could count the craters on the moon. I could count every mosquito buzz past, bypassing my tender skin out of respect for a fellow bloodsucker.”


“Note to self: Try to stop reacting to surprises like a cartoon character.”


“Tell them you're pregnant with a married minister's baby, then say, "Just kidding! I'm a vampire,'" she suggested.”




Jane Jameson Series so far

1.  Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs
2.  Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men
3.  Nice Girls Don't Live Forever
3.5.  Nice Girls Don't Sign a Lease Without a Wedding Ring
4.  Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I really enjoyed this book! It's hilarious, I laughed a lot when I read this book! Awesome review, Vidya! I really like Gabriel, he's just so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...