Tuesday 20 December 2011

My 2012 Reading Challenges: Gone Wild

This is the first time, I am entering reading challenges hosted by other bloggers.  And I think I may have been over-excited, when writing this blog.  So, don't mind, if the challenges look a bit wild.

1.  YA Contemporary, hosted by Reading Angel:


I am entering for 15+ books (Level 3).  Bit excited, because its one of my favorite genre.

2.  Young Adult Challenge, hosted by The Eclectic Bookshelf:


Huh..let me think.  Okay, I think I will go for "The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge" for 40 YA books.  Super-excited.. :)

3.  Gossip Girl reading challenge, hosted by Reading with Tequila:


Well, I have not seen the Gossip Girl TV Series, but I now would like to read it.  Sounds like a lot of fun.

4.  Around the stack in how many ways?, hosted by Dog Ear Discs:


This is going to be a lot fun and challenge than I think now.  And I love the challenge that I should in read as many genres as possible.  I am going for "Traveler" level, which is 10-15 genres.  Excited.......

5.  I Want More Challenge 2012, hosted by Tea Time with Marce:


I definitely want more.  So, I sign up for level 1 - "Waited too long", for which I have to read 2-4 books, from the authors, I have already had an awesome reading experience.  The real challenge is the books should not be a series.  Let's see, if I read 4 books well in advance, may be I will increase the levels on the go.

6.  YA/MG Fantasy Reading Challenge, hosted by The Book Cellar:


The challenge is to read any 10 YA/MG Fantasy books, that are released in 2012.  Wow!  This is my most favorite genre.  No idea about what are released in 2012 though.  :)

7.  Sophomore Reading Challenge (SRC), hosted by Chick Loves Lit:


Any second YA or MG book published by an author in 2012 counts - it can be the second in a series, a new series, or a standalone.  The only requirement is that it is the SECOND book the author has published in the YA or MG realm (and it must publish in 2012 in your home country, which is to mean India, for me).  The list of those books released in 2012 are here.  Should read 10 such books.  I think this is really going to be a challenge and I am not sure whether I can complete it.  But still, its fun. :)

8.  100+ Books in a Year, hosted by Book Chick City:





The biggest challenge of all..but I think I will complete it.  This year, I have reached 110+.. :)

To keep track of my progress in all the challenges, I will create a page for each challenges and will update it here soon.

In addition to all this, I will also join Goodreads Reading Challenge 2012 for 100 books as a target.  Let's face it.  I am most definitely over-excited.  Somebody should stop me..soon.

6 comments:

  1. Going all out .. are we? Hmm, wonder if overlapping books will be added to both (or more) challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does. :) The books may not be different for all the challenges..it can overlap. And I am really looking forward to 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that case, hope to see the blog a lot more active! Also, if you read something in the fantasy genre, I'd like you to guest post the review on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah..I think I can write some. :) Thanks for the offer, Ritesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoah! this is the first time am hearing about something called as Reading Challenges...sounds rousing....it's quite conspicuous that you have attained a state of delirium :D

    But, do ensure that you are not obsessed (which you already are!) since there is every chance that you might miss out on your chores...anyways good luck for accomplishing all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks.. :-) You can be sure that I won't miss any of my daily chores, because of my 'obsession'. And its just for fun and inspiration. I try to read so many books..I am happy, even if I failed trying. :-) And do you have any such challenge? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...